Varieties of Manicure and Pedicure
Who would not like to have pretty feet and hands?
Grooming oneself all alone at home becomes tedious at times.
Well, that’s when manicures and pedicures at the salon come to the rescue.
Getting a manicure and a pedicure not just enhances the appearance but also takes good care of the overall health of your nails as it prevents ingrown toenails, corns and calluses.
Manicure and Pedicure help in the exfoliation of the skin and also keeps your nails tidy, which prevents fungal infections. It also prevents dry cuticles, hang nails and broken skin.
Manicure is a beauty treatment that involves shaping, trimming and polishing fingernails. This process is done by an expert at the Salon using different kinds of creams, waxes, tools and other techniques which would result in beautiful and healthy-looking hands and nails.
What services does a standard manicure include?
A standard manicure includes services such as:
- Cleaning and soaking fingernails in a cleansing water
- Stress-busting hand massage
- Shaping, trimming and buffing fingernails
- Pushing back of cuticles
- Application of nail polish
- Cuticle oil and tint application
Benefits of a Manicure
1) Softens rough edges of hands – Hands are considered to be the first part of your body that people notice.
Hence, it is of utmost importance that you maintain the basic hygiene of it.
A good manicure softens the rough edges of hands making it supple and soft.
2) Improves the overall appearance – The result of a relaxing manicure is too quick that you can actually feel the difference in one go.
It enhances the beauty of your hands which in return uplifts self-esteem.
3) Get rid of dead skin cells – A good manicure removes dead skin cells that can lead to infections as well as dirt trapped under your nail bed that can lead to discoloured nails.
4) Improves Self- esteem – A satisfying manicure always leaves you with a feeling of pride and accomplishment thereby increasing your confidence level.
5) Improves blood circulation – A good manicure increases circulation resulting in better skin tone and a youthful-looking appearance.
What are the different types of Manicures?
With the increasing demand of manicure services in Dubai, there are several types of it which are mentioned as follows:
1) Basic Manicure – It is the most traditional manicure technique where nails are trimmed, shaped and buffed after which a cuticle oil is applied.
This manicure is concluded after a splendid hand massage with a standard nail polish.
2) French Manicure – It is considered to be one of the most demanded manicure in the late nineties.
This chic and elegant manicure gives you a simple and classy look with white vibrant white tips on your nails.
3) Gel Manicure – Also known as Shellac manicures, they are tougher and more flexible. It is quickly fixed under a special lighting lamp.
4) Acrylic Manicure –
A manicure that uses the process of mixing a liquid and a powder to create a solid nail overlay made to sit on top of your nails.
They are also available as ready-made.
5) Dip powder Manicure – An adhesive is applied before your nails are dipped into a coloured powder after a traditional manicure session.
The specialty of a dip powder manicure is that it needs no drying time.
A pedicure is a treatment of the feet and toenails similar to that of a manicure.
It consists of cutting, trimming, and shaping of toenails as well as a thorough massage of the feet.
A pedicure targets the entire foot, from heel to toe and is a great method to prevent ingrown toenails, corns and calluses.
Moreover, it decreases the chances of nail infection by cleaning any dirt or debris on the nail bed.
The steps in Pedicure are as follows:
- Soak feet
- Cuticles are treated
- Calluses are treated
- Nails are trimmed and filed
- Feet Massage
- Nail polish is applied
Amazing benefits of a Pedicure:
1) A regular pedicure can detect and reduce the early signs of fungal infections and corns.
2) It promotes circulation which in return enhances your overall wellness.
3) It helps in preserving the skin’s moisture.
4) A perfect manicure helps in the process of exfoliation which will help in softening and scraping off the dead dry skin around the heel and toe area.
5) It gives you the amazing feeling of joy which is an extra bonus as it uplifts the beauty of your feet that gives a real confidence boost along with the relaxing feel of being pampered.
Types of Pedicures
1) Classic Pedicure – It is the most basic type of pedicure that is meant for people who needs a quick fix that is affordable. It begins with warm water soak followed by cutting, filing and shaping of toenails which is followed by a relaxing foot massage and is concluded with the application of nail polish of your choice.
2) French Pedicure – It follows the basic process of a pedicure. However, a vibrant white nail polish is applied on the tips of the nails giving it a simple yet classy look.
3) Gel Pedicure – It uses UV light technology to provide long-lasting nail color.
It is more expensive than a regular pedicure.
4) Fish Pedicure – It is a treatment that involves soaking the feet in a pool filled with Garra Rufa fish used for pedicure purposes that eats the dead skin off your feet resulting in smoother feet and cuticles.
5) Spa Pedicure – It is known as a deluxe pedicure that includes treatments like paraffin wax dip, mud masks or seaweed treatment. Since it includes special oils for the treatment, it is usually on the expensive side as compared to the rest of the pedicures.
Now that you are well-informed about the various Manicure and Pedicure options.
Choose what suits you the best!