The Ultimate Summer Skin Care Routines
With summer comes skin problems such as acne breakouts, tanning, dry, and irritated skin due to excess heat and humidity as the skin gets exposed to harmful UV rays which is why it is always recommended to protect one’s skin by applying sunscreen religiously. Beauty salon in Dubai aim to provide skin care tips that are best suitable for the summer season as it is the season in which your skin needs more attention to stay at bay from getting your skin damaged. Before we begin with summer care tips for your skin, it is always advised to study your skin to take the right step for the betterment of its texture.
In some individuals, during the summers their skin tends to get irritated due to a specific food item such as grilled meat, mangos, fried food or any other heat-causing food products.
A proper diet that is cooling for your body is of utmost importance as this can heal your body internally as well as externally which in result will help you in getting a natural glow on your skin.
Here are few summer care tips to help you glow even during this rough season.
1. Apply sunscreen before stepping out – You should always apply sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before going out as it takes time for it to penetrate into the skin. The application of sunscreen helps in reducing signs of aging, protects the skin from sunburn and reduces the risk of skin cancer.
2. Always take cool showers during summers as hot showers will leave your skin dry causing irritations and rashes.
Cool shower is good for blood circulation and tightening the skin making you look fresh and youthful.
3. Use homemade face packs such as a mixture of curd and turmeric or a mixture of Fuller’s Earth and curd to keep your skin healthy, clean and even-toned.
4. Ice cubes to the rescue during summers as rubbing your skin with it once every day will help in improving blood circulation, eases acne, lessens pores and reduce skin inflammation.
5. Revitalize your skin once a week with nourishing face masks as they are good in moisturizing and restoring the skin’s balance. The skin barrier may weaken if exposed to excessive sunlight, therefore using a mask once a week will improve your skin’s overall texture and appearance.
6. Drinking fresh juices is another way to beat the summer the healthy way as it detoxifies the body by providing appropriate minerals and vitamins needed for the proper functioning of the body.
7. Use a salicylic Acid based cleanser if your skin gets oily during summer as this is the season of increase in sebum production which results in clogged pores.
8. Use an antibacterial body and face wash for acne-prone skin as sweaty skin offers a moisture-rich environment that helps the bacteria to grow and cause acne.
Answering a few commonly asked summer skincare questions?
1) Is exfoliating the skin good during summer?
The answer is yes. However, exfoliation should be done once a week and not daily as this may rip of the natural oils present in your skin.
2) Does sunscreen go before or after moisturizer?
It always goes before the moisturizer and has to be applied 15 to 30 minutes prior before stepping out for it to settle into the skin after which the moisturizer could be applied within a gap of 5 to 10 minutes.
3) Can makeup be used when at the beach?
It is recommended not to wear makeup at the beach as it can melt and cause clogging of pores causing breakouts.
4) Why does my skin feel oilier during summer?
Higher heat levels increase sebum production which if not taken care of results in acne and breakouts.
5) What is the best summer food for good skin?
Drinking plenty of water and eating fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables is the best food for summer to achieve that healthy and glowy skin. Fruits and vegetables like pineapple, tomatoes, bell pepper, berries, cucumber and lemon are extremely vital for the skin during summers.
6) What food products should be avoided?
In case you have oily skin, avoid eating dry fruits such as walnuts, almonds and cashews. Additionally, any food products that are fried or processed should be completely removed from your diet plan as it increases body heat which shall result in unhealthy skin and body.
Hence, always monitor what goes inside and outside your body to get that naturally healthy and shiny skin during the summer.